So I needed a toolbox for my ever growing collection of tools. I picked up one of those standard red metal ones, but I found it looked incredibly boring. A few coats of tremclad paint later and I have a nifty looking pirate toolbox:
I used New Look 6557 and modified it a bit. I also sewed a matching red petticoat...which I'm wearing in the pictures. The dress can most certainly be worn without the petticoat, the skirt is just significantly less pouffy. I didn't use a pattern for the petticoat...I just kind of winged it. I wore this outfit to a jazz concert and it got tons of compliments.
So then I decided that I needed matching mittens. I made them double-knit so that they would be reversible. This way they can either match the scarf or just be plain black. And of course I put them on an idiot string so I wouldn't lose them:
I sewed this dress way back last summer. I've lost quite a bit of weight since then and even though I took the dress in, it still didn't look quite right. So I gave it to my friend who loves it. I'm glad it has a good home now instead of hanging in the back of my closet. Here is a picture of her wearing it: