Ok.. firstly... HEllo.. i has signed up for this forum a while ago but forgot all my details so i had to sign up again... Anyways.. please excuse the "model".. half her face is broken out and a little swollen from poison ivy.. so i tried not to get too close lol.
The gas mask i purchased previously, but it was a dollar from the dollar store so i am counting it into the total.
I kinda knew what i wanted.. some sort of military/ double buttoned front with a little bustle and gathered sleeves at the top. Inspired by "the old" and a little bit industrial feel to it. A little bit of medivel flavor shown by the bottom of the coat and armor loooking skirt. ok.. on to it!
The only thing of mine that i used was thread, elastic and buttons.
The collar, bustle, and underbustle is made from 2 shower curtains ($2)
The coat, and sleeves were made of shelf liner( i didnt use it all but i cut into two rolls $2)
The previously owned gas mask that i bought at one of the dollar stores i went to for this project ($1)
The skirt is made from 4 rubber( and awesome) placemats that were on clearance for 2/$1.. so that is ($2)
By my calculations i spent $7 THis isnt practical but it was fun and hard to sew( i had to do a lot by hand which.. i dont like!!!
Ok on to the pictures.. please dont ridicule my interpretation of steampunk.. shes just a kid ! LOL.. Thanks for reading and i hope you love it!