Thank you, Thank you. The draping on the bottom of the dress was pretty tricky. Let's see if I can explain it in a way that makes sense
First I made a very full skirt, next I made an even fuller and longer skirt. Then I just grabbed handfuls of the outer fabric and tacked it in place with a few stitches. The only real tip I have is to be really patient! And some of my tacks didn't look very nice, so I found pretty rhinestone button-y things to cover up the stitches. You can't see them very well in the photos, but there are buttons inside each gather. I really wasn't sure how to start, so this was how I decided to do it. I didn't use a pattern when I made this dress, but I just found a similar looking gown in a McCall's pattern #5321, check it out.