I've had this little white puppy plush forever. Even after my dog ate off one of the eyeballs, I just couldn't get rid of it. Finally, it hit me-just add new eyeballs. The new eyes are much bigger than the old eyes, but it's still cute. While I had the white puppy apart I decided to try and make a new one based on the shape of the white one. I had some socks that had worn out so they became a new puppy. OK, enough blabbing, onto the pictures.
Close up of new eyes and my very first embroidered (I guess) face
Side of sock puppy-I don't know how the butt got soooo huge, but I just pretend he's in the playing position
I know it is a little late (being that today is Easter), but my mom wanted me to make an Easter poppet for my aunt for Easter and her birthday. I had hoped to be done with it much sooner, but this past week was crazy with school (since Spring Break is next...no wait, I guess it is this week). So, she will be mailed out tomorrow. Without further ado, here are the pictures. Standing:
With Easter Candy:
Of course, I have to thank ghilie for the poppet pattern as well as for the easy-peasy dress pattern.
So, I finally made a Pointy Kitty. It's a little lopsided and her head was really floppy, so I improvised and made a cute scarf/bow out of some scraps I had. I also made a little bow for her head out of the same scraps. For my first pointy kitty, I'm pretty happy. (I'm sorry about the pic quality-I'm desperate for a new camera, but no $$, so cam phone is all I have.)
It's impossible to tell from these washed out pics, but she is made of a really fun purple fuzzy fabric. The bow is made from a purple-square pattern material.
It hangs a little top heavy, so I'm going to sew the hanger a little closer to the top of it's head. Soon it will be off to the Netherlands to live with a pen pal of mine.
So tonight I finished reindeer number two. I made this one with a different, more deer-like tail, I posed his antlers (the first one has bendy antlers too) and made his legs closer together for better standing. I also added the hang tag on the top of his head and that seems to work a lot better for him hanging straight. I still didn't add any eyeballs because I'm too afraid of messing him up.
I've paid one too many bills late, so I made this mail sorter to hang next to the fridge. It's pretty ugly and poorly sewn, but it works, so that's all I care about right now. To be honest, I was surprised my sewing machine did it-it's a really thick fabric and there is a thin layer of cardboard on the back. At some points if was through 4 layers of fabric AND the cardboard. Now that I know I can do it, I may go back and make a nicer one.
Empty (and hanging on a light switch-I haven't put it in it's spot yet)
With a few bills-surprisingly, only 2 at the moment.
Sorry about the camera phone pics-no batteries in the better camera.
I too, joined the Poppet-Along (HERE) and made my own. I named her Maybell after one of my cats. I totally LOVE her, but her outfit could use some work. I am totally clueless when it comes to clothes. However, I hope to use her to make more (and better) doll outfits. I also want to try and make a few more of these to pass out at Christmas! Thank you ghilie for the pattern!!!
And the pic-also, my camera STINKS. Her hair is actually a brighter purple, her outfit is pale orange with orange flowers, her skin is grey, and her ears are brown leopard print.
My boyfriend and I just moved into our first house and we have a cat that can't roam free (she goes outside the box-I've seen the vet several times and we've determined it's behavioral), so currently she lives in an extra large pet taxi. Well, this doesn't give her a whole lot of room for moving around, so we (and by we I mean-I designed, he built) built her her own kitty condo! It's 5 feet tall, 4 feet wide, and almost 3 feet deep. It has three levels-the top is for sleeping, the middle is for eating, and the bottom is for bathroom duties. We carpeted parts of it, as well as added some stickdown tile for the other parts. Everything can be replaced if need be (but hopefully she'll use each room properly!).
She is still living at my mom's house, but we should be getting her back tomorrow, so maybe then, I'll post some live action shots, but until then, here is the completed (unfurnished) condo.
We are both so very proud of this house we built her-I almost like it better than my own!
My new house had these ugly, stained, and poorly lined shelves in the linen closet, so I took some random fabric I had and recovered them. It's not a huge project or anything, but I'm quite proud of them.
I also took a nasty piece of countertop and turned it into a nice table for folding laundry (and added a cover of course, but I still need to cover the bottom half). Since it's in the basement, I was little less careful with the cover.
So, I made the mistake of buying my first house! It turned out to be a disaster (hence, mistake), but it's coming together. What sucks is I've owned it for almost 5 months and I still don't live there! BUT, here is the new and improved bathroom.
Before:Sorry you can't see everything, but you can kind of tell how awful the floor and wallpaper are. There is also a tiny vanity and medicine cabinet.
After: A shot with the new bigger vanity and medicine cabinet.
After: An (sort of) entire shot of the bathroom (with my froggy curtain).
All that is left in this room is to install the new toilet paper/towel holders and the light fixture. (o:
EDIT: I also wanted to add this picture that shows the new floor my boyfriend put in.