Hey everyone! I'm back! I can't believe I had time to make a design during school, but my schedule is a lot better than last semester!
I have had this awesome fabric laying around forever with a concept and finally got around to making it! I have a shirt I modeled it after, but cut/made my own pattern and everything. At first I was wary about it being too loud, but I think it turned out really well! The pattern works with the fabric.
This is pretty different than what I usually do; I often work with stretch fabrics but I went out on the limb with this!
I was going for a goddessy feel (cause goodness knows I love goddess clothes) and here it is:http://www.queenbyquinn.com/tops_files/tribal3.jpg
Kind of blurry, but looks cool!http://www.queenbyquinn.com/tops_files/tribal1.jpg
I used the rolled hem stitch on my serger for the empire seams/arms/bust. I took black thin elastic about half the size of seam (the pattern was double the size I wanted originally to leave room for gathering) and sewed it along the seam while stretching. Et voila!
I would love any feedback you have!