Hey guys! I work for a company called The New Image Group and we just posted a couple of great No Sew Projectshttp://thenewimagegroup.blogspot.com/2009/09/easy-no-sew-felt-projects.html
There is an easy No Sew Felt Wallethttp://www.newimageco.biz/scripts/silverware.exe/extpage@D:/DFS/ELEVCLIENTS/NEWIMAGE/ELEVATOR.FXP?page=PROJECT57
and a No Sew Felt Clutchhttp://www.newimageco.biz/scripts/silverware.exe/extpage@D:/DFS/ELEVCLIENTS/NEWIMAGE/ELEVATOR.FXP?page=PROJECT58
. They are pretty easy to make and are very handy to have around!
Here are the instructions to make the felt wallet:
Square of Hook and Loop Fastener with Adhesive Back
Ruler/ Tape Measure
19 x 12 Soft Felt Sheet
19 x 12 Printed Soft Felt Sheet
Felt Wallet Template (http://www.newimageco.biz/pdfs/feltwallettemplate.pdf
Stick-It Felt Stickers
Fusible Webbing (3/8" Wide)
Optional: You can replace glue in this craft with fusible webbing. Follow application instructions on the package to ensure proper adhesion.
1) Using the Felt Wallet Template, cut out the below pieces:
Printed Felt 9 x 12:
Solid Soft Felt 9 x 12:
2) Place printed felt pocket about 4 1/4" on wrong side of large rectangle.
The top of the pocket is at the 4 1/2" mark.
3) Apply a thin line of glue to the right and left sides and the bottom of pocket piece. Let dry. Make sure not to glue the top of the pocket.
TIP: Use a heavy book to help keep in place while glue
4) Place solid felt pocket about half way under the printed felt pocket.
5) Repeat step 3.
6) Fold up section from the bottom of the large rectangle. It should stop half way on the solid piece.
7) Glue right and left sides into place. Let dry.
On top portion of large rectangle, fold top down (wrong sides together) about 3/4".
9) Glue into place.
10) Apply square of hook and loop fastener to keep secure.
Here is how to make the felt clutch:
Fusible Webbing (3/8")
Strip of Hook and Loop Fastener with Adhesive Back
20" of 1 1/2" Ribbon
19 x 12 Quick Stick Felt Sheet
19 x 12 Printed Soft Felt Sheet
1) Peel off the top 1/3rd of your Quick Stick Felt Sheet backing. Place the wrong sides together of your Quick Stick and Printed Felt. Continue peeling and adhering the two pieces together by peeling the next 1/3rd down and so on until completely together.
2) There may be some overlap between the two sheets. Trim off excess to create a rectangle.
3) To create bottom portion of your clutch, fold up bottom of purse 4". Press with an iron to achieve crease.
4) Place ribbon about 1" from the top of the newly formed clutch bottom. You will want to tuck about 1/2" of ribbon on the inside of the right side to avoid having noticable seams. Glue the 1/2" piece. Let dry.
5) Using your fusible webbing, cut an 8 3/4" strip and place in the middle of your ribbon and front of your clutch. Fuse together according to instructions.
6) With your ribbon affixed to the front, you will now want to glue the left side seam together before carrying the rest of the ribbon to the back. Let dry.
7) Repeat step 5 for the back portion of your clutch.
Trim off any excess ribbon, but still leave yourself about 1/2", and tuck into seam (similar to Step 4). Glue seam in place. Let dry.
9) Fold top portion down 3" to create clutch top. Use your iron to press fold.
10) Affix hook and loop fastener in middle of clutch where you would like it to clasp.