This is a fun project to try over the weekend since you have to allow some time for the paint to dry for the race car.
How to Make Racecar:
(Detailed Instructions available here: http://www.newimageco.biz/scripts/silverware.exe/extpage@D:/DFS/ELEVCLIENTS/NEWIMAGE/ELEVATOR.FXP?page=PROJECT73
Quick Dry Craft Glue
2 Paper Clips
1 12 x 18 EZ Felt Sheet
1 3" x 2" Sign/Rectangle
4 2 7/16" Tie Pegs
4 1 1/2" Toy Wheels
Race Car Template (available here: http://www.newimageco.biz/pdfs/racecartemplate.pdf
Stick-It Felt Stickers
1) Using the paintbrush and suncatcher stain in colors of your choice (we used black for everything), stain the following pieces accordingly:
4 Tie Pegs- completely stain
4 Wheels- stain only the front half
Rectangle- stain one side and the sides
2) Set those pieces aside and let dry completely.
3) Using theRace Car Template, cut out the shape from the 12 x 18 EZ Felt Sheet.
4) Before removing the template from the felt, fold along indicated fold lines. This will make assembly easier later on.
5) Using your glue, apply some onto the fold farthest away from the "front" of your car.
6) Secure into place using paper clips. Let dry.
7) Once your previously stained pieces have dried, insert tie pegs into toy wheels.
Apply four strips of glue to the bottom of your rectangle (painted side) to secure the tie pegs/wheels.
9) Place the tie pegs onto the glued pieces. Let dry.
10) To finish making your car, remove the paper clips that have been securing the front of yout car together.
11) Add glue to the internal fold lines and adhere to car sides.
12) Secure in place using rubberbands. Let dry.
13) Once your car body is dry, remove rubberbands.
14) OPTIONAL:: At this time, if you would like to customizeyour car with letters, numbers, or decals you should do so.
15) Cover top of base with glue. Place your car body in the middle. Secure in place using rubberbands again. Let dry.
How to Make Race Track:
Detailed Instructions are available here: http://www.newimageco.biz/scripts/silverware.exe/extpage@D:/DFS/ELEVCLIENTS/NEWIMAGE/ELEVATOR.FXP?page=PROJECT74
Quick Dry Craft Glue
1 36 x 36 Craft Pack of Soft Felt
6 9 x 12 White Quick Stick Felt Sheets
1 9 x 12 Black Quick Stick Felt Sheet
1 9 x 12 Militia Soft Felt Sheet
1 Pack of Stick-It Felt Flower Stickers
1 9 x 12 Checkerboard Printed Felt Sheet
Race Track Template (available here: http://www.newimageco.biz/pdfs/racetracktemplate.pdf
1) Cut out your pieces from theRace Track Templateas follows:
White Quick Stick:
2 Each of your Race Track Pieces
Militia Soft Felt:
Checkerboard Printed Felt:
Black Quick Stick:
Flag Poles and Flag Pole Tops
Not on Template:
Cut about 1/4 if your felt sheet into 1" long strips to create the inside
2) Layout your race track pieces on your 36 x 36 sheet of felt.
3) One by one, remove the adhesive-backing from your race track piece and secure to felt.
4) Use your small black road lines to create the lanes of your race track.
5) Glue pond into desired location. Decorate with your Stick-It Felt flower shapes.
6) Assemble checkerboard flags in desired location.