I created these pants for the BurdaStyle/Project Runway Challenge. I started with an old Forever 21 wool herringbone coat that I've had forever. It was too small and falling apart. I took all the seams apart until I only had flat pieces, and then used Simplicity 3850 as a rough guide to make the pattern pieces. I made a side zip instead of a front fly and eliminated the pockets. The side panels came from a pair of khakis that were also in my closet for way too long. I tried to imitate the herringbone pattern on the wool by cutting panels and sewing them back together. They're fully lined even though I forgot to take a picture and the lining and the notions are from my stash. The buttons on the hems came from the original jacket. I had a few moments of extreme frustration, but it was worth it. I absolutely love the problem-solving aspect of sewing!
Thanks for looking! If you're on BurdaStyle and IF I make it into the top 50, please vote for me!