So I've been ill the past week and a bit with what my doctor thought was pneumonia - it wasn't! Just a really bad chest infection.. Anyway.. I was up at midnight making this skirt as I have turned nocturnal, I hemmed it this afternoon and voila! A verry poofy gathered waist skirt - No pattern used! It's really simple to make...
- Cut two rectangles from a piece of old vintage fabric my mum gave me and sewed them right sides together
- Finished the open seams with a zigzag stitch
- Rolled one of the long edges over leaving a small gap to insert elastic
- Cut the elastic to the size I wanted and threaded it through using a drawing pin
- Sewed the elastic together
- Sewed the hole closed
- Sewed a (rolled) hem
- Wore it
As you can see, it is VERY short! I am wearing a pair of shorts underneath and I'm hoping to buy some pretty lace to sew around the edge at the bottom to give it more character and LENGTH!
I added the lace!