I had a deadline with this dress and a number of disasters. It's from the Great British Sewing Bee book which accompanies the second season. In the book it's meant to have some baby bloomers but we had a vermin issue in our house, followed by some serious cleaning, packing and moving, then unpacking and having to find the pedal for my sewing machine so I could get this done in time for a first birthday. With all of that going on there was just no time to make the bloomers. I was up till midnight the night before sewing the many tiny buttons down the back - apologies for the bad photo quality.
The dress I'd make again with the changes I made to the pattern going along. I enlarged the collar and finished the ends of the collar off (the book didn't mention what to do with these - glad I read ahead!) as well as hiding all of the seams with double seams rather than just the shoulder seams. I like the neatness this brought to the brushed cotton.
It was my first time making bias binding and I did feel like i needed an extra pair of hands but again I'd give it another try. It was also only my second garment where I made the binding into a loop for each section so there would be no overlapping ends. It went pretty well although I normally sew at least one section the wrong way