Lately, I feel like I've commented more than I've shown. So, here's what I did over the past two weekends - made a shawl a weekend. I used the Triangular Shawl pattern from last year's issue of Interweave Crochet. The first row of the pattern is misprinted, but once I found the correction online, it was very easy to follow. The cream-colored shawl was made from Lion Textures Mohair Blend (which I believe is discontinued), and I followed the pattern as written, except I didn't do the beading. The yarn was a pretty close substitute to the original, and it came out about 5 feet long. The red one was made using double-stranded Red Heart Casual Cotton and a P hook, and it turned out around 6 feet long. For that one, I omitted the beads and the edging, and added fringe. I've wanted a long, shallow shawl that I can wear as a scarf, and this is it.
The cream shawl, meant to be worn as a scarf:
The red shawl, modeled flat, by the carpet, and as I plan to wear it, by me: