sorry I haven't been on in awhile, computer died. Anywho... the plates are SUPER easy. I found the deep sea creatures on this site: http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/
***It is only food safe if you do everything to the BACK of the plate***
1) printed pics out.
2) modpodged them onto the back of the plate (making sure it lays flat)
3) modpodged the back of the image (to help prevent paint from being absorbed)
4) cleaned the excess modpodge off the plate
5) let it dry i dunno.... an hour?
6) used spray adhesive to attach fishnet stocking to back of glass plate (you can use any lacy, fishnetty material)
7) sprayed 2 even coats of spray paint (your choice), let it dry 2 hours
pulled fishnet off, sprayed 2 coats of different color spray paint over it, wait a few hours... (no rush, it's worth it)
9) sprayed 5-6 coats of Acrylic Crystal Clear (available at Lowes, A.C. Moore, etc) to the back to protect it.
***Do not microwave, do not put in washer, do not eat off the back of the plate***
or use em for decoration!!!
YAY i've been making them for friends and family. Simple and fun...