I made this Mashed Chickpea Salad this weekend. I was looking through Vegan with a Vengeance and ended up with my own version of Isa's fake-tuna salad.Mashed Chickpea Salad
* 2 15 oz. cans of chickpeas, drained
* 4 tablespoons of vegan mayonnaise (I use Nasoya.)
* 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
* 1 stalk of celery, diced
* 1 apple, diced
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* Ground black pepper
* Sandwich garnishes like lettuce and tomato.
1. Mash chickpeas until no beans remain.
2. Add apple cider vinegar, salt, and vegan mayonnaise. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Season with black pepper.
4. Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour. Serve on bread and eat!
I actually made the the rosemary focaccia
, pictured, as well. Very easy to make, too!
I left this in my fridge overnight, and the flavors remind me of the tuna I ate when I was little.