Our house has a bay window seat, it had a gross cushion on it that I've just left, as hunting for the perfect fabric takes time!
Last week I finally managed to find that perfect fabric! yay!
We've recently redecorated the main parts of our home, including the lounge - where said window seat is, so it was looking rather sad compared to the rest of the redecorated lounge.
SO, on Saturday afternoon I took the old cover off the cushion, (and I then realised how dirty, faded and perished it was!), I unpicked the 3.3m long zip off it, to save some money I thought I'd re-use it. I then cut up the old cushion cover to make a pattern for the new one.
I managed to get the whole thing completed on Saturday afternoon, and worked out that I sewed 31 metres!
I'm really stoked with how it turned out.
Here's the finished project:
excuse the horrid old lounge suite also in the pic... but hey, it does the job!
a close up showing the fleck in the fabric and the fleck in the curtains
And I even had enough fabric left to reupholster our old foot stool, which took all of about 10 minutes:
next project... re-upholstering our dining chairs!