Finally! I am finished. I had no problems knitting the body, and sleeve one but as soon as I started sleeve 2 I had major burnout. It took me a whole month just to knit the second sleeve and sew it up
I am WAY happy with the end product. I knitted the sleeves slightly longer, since that is how I liked them. Of course, after I finished the first one is when I started reading about the "growth" issues. There was no way I was re-knitting so I kept going.
Before blocking, the sleeves were perfect...completel
y perfect. But the body was just a little too short. The first picture is pre-blocking. It is hard to tell it's a little short, partly because I stretched it right before the camera snapped. A second later, it popped back into place.
And here are the post blocking pictures. First off...the pants from the first shot sat at my belly button...these pants are low rise, so the top doesn't like that different, lengthwise, but trust me...It grew at least 3 or more inches. (Sort of embarassing but if you look closely you can see the "crater" that is my belly button, lol) So the body is now perfect, but the sleeves...
A little too long. Happily, they only grew in length, not in width.
Here's with the sleeves rolled twice. And as much as I liked the ribbed cuff...I quite like it rolled up too. So it works. And I LOVE it! Even better, it got cold again here in Southern Virginia so i will get to wear it once or twice before it warms up! yay!
One last thing...I had to go up several needle sizes to get gauge. For the size I made (34) the pattern called for 7 skeins. I always buy extra so I bought 8. I used 5 and I have three completely untouched skeins left. Enough to make some fab knee socks by Cookie