this one is a great gift idea for friends, especially to present a mix CD. insta-christmas gifts. woot.
all you need to gather and do:
- at least two pieces of light weight cardboard measuring 5" (tall) x 5 and 6/8ths" (wide) - used four, but two is still really really cute.
- pieces of 1" wide ribbon, 5" long each. you'll need one piece for each corner and edge. see picture.
- lots of magazines (PS - teen magazines will have better pictures and text than craft magazines, nerrrrds.)
- collage both sides of each square. magazine clippings work best, i think. don't forget to put the track list of your mix CD somewhere (hey, like i did)!
- for the CD pouch, just cut a piece of cardboard measuring 2 and 1/2" x 5 and 6/8ths" and scotch tape it to the square you want it.
- now figure out how you want all of this to fold up and hot glue the ribbons down the edges of the squares. make sure you kind of fold it up as you go, or else the folds will be too tight to hold the "pages". meaning, you have to leave a little space between the squares on the ribbon.
sorry if any of this is unclear. just message me if you want more in-depth pictures or explanations.
i would really love comments, please let me know what you think?