Crochet frames are easy to make. There's a tutorial at the bottom of this page. Hope you'll like it!
These are great for little pictures, cut out (christmas) cards, your prettiest buttons, pretty fabric, cute little charms etc. I want to try one with Zpagetti too, a really big one.
You will need:
Yarn (I used Phildar Coton 3 and Schachenmayr Catania)
Crochet hook nr. 3
- crochet a chain of 5 and close with a slip stitch.
- chain 3, and 14 treble chrochet in the ring, close with slip stitch.
- chain 3, 2 tc in every tc, close with slip stitch
- chain 3, 1 tc on first tc, 1 tc in the next, then 2-1-2-1-2 etc. Close with slip stitch.
- chain 3, 1 tc on first tc, 1 tc in the next 2, then 2-1-1-2-1-1-2 etc. Close with slip stitch.
- chain 3, 1 tc on first tc, 1 tc in the next, then 2-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-2 etc. Close with slip stitch.
Now stick your crochet hook in the front loop of the first stitch of the previous round and make a double crochet. Repeat this for every tc, putting your hook in the front loop of the tc's. Close with a slip stitch.
- For the next row decrease every second stitch, close row with a slip stitch.
- Now you choose to fasten off or crochet one more round, 1 dc in every dc.
To give your frame more body use carton and fiberfill to "stuff" it before you put in your photo/card etc.