A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,682
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

  Show Topics
Pages: 1 2 [3]
21  KNITTING / Knitting: Discussion and Questions / how can I begin to describe this? on: January 30, 2005 11:16:28 PM
http://www.lesliehall.com/8-sweaters.html
22  KNITTING / Knitting: Completed Projects / ANOTHER BOOBHOLDER! on: January 29, 2005 05:09:50 PM
I finished my boobholder/mini-sweater!!!!  I'll post a better photo when I can get someone else to hold the camera.  (I look drunk and humorless at the same time -- what an unhappy combination!)


I made a lot of adaptations to this pattern.  I knitted the bottoms of the sleeves in pleats, so that all the fullness wouldn't be in my armpit.  I skipped Glampyre's edging, but added lace to the sleeves, and completely changed the sleeve design.  Also, on the bottom garter "hem" I went down three needle sizes to keep the garter stitch from flipping up. 

For anyone who might be curious, here's how I did my lace. I knit a strip of lace that would be long enough to go around the arm.   I knitted the shark's tooth pattern from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns.


Then I picked up stitches along the lace, lined my lace up with my sleeve, and knit through both the stitches on the sleeve and the stitches on the lace at the same time.  This is sort of like three-needle bind off, except you're knitting and not binding off.


I'm really pleased with how this turned out! 
23  QUILTING / Quilting: Completed Projects / the "what the hell was I thinking?" quilt on: January 29, 2005 02:14:25 PM
Several years ago, I started a quilt that eventually earned the name the "what the hell was I thinking?" quilt.   It was a total disaster.  I must have left my color sense at home when I bought the fabric.  Teal green and purple and bright red??  Yiiikes.  I dragged this unfinished montrosity around for years, never able to finish it (I certainly didn't want it out in the open in my home), and unable to throw it away.

Then, in a moment of bravery/insanity/inspiration, I took the rotary cutter to it, and sliced it up into strips. These strips formed the foundation of the favorite quilt I have ever made.  I was really inspired by folk quilts that were obviously made out of weird, tiny and worn-out scraps.  I wanted "happy accident" to be a major design element.  But I also wanted this quilt to have a lot of structure.


Here are some details.  I should note that the squares really aren't this wonky.  I can't manage to make my bed properly.


24  KNITTING / Knitting: Completed Projects / pi....donuts.....mmmmm.....I've been published! on: January 17, 2005 12:12:26 AM
I friend commissioned this from me.  I had to reach into the back of my brain, and think about pi. 



The stole does form a perfect circle (or donut), but I opened it up a little to show the structure.

She and I spoke about this last night, and I figured out the pattern and knit it today.

Pi.....mmmmmmmm....
25  KNITTING / Knitting: Discussion and Questions / Art, environmentalism, and knitting on: January 09, 2005 06:16:53 PM
Have you all seen this? 

http://www.leatherwoodonline.com/arts/2004/hugs/

I think this is an amazing project!
26  QUILTING / Quilting: Completed Projects / blue quilt on: December 29, 2004 06:49:26 PM
Here's a quilt I made for a friend's young son.  I was going for an "instant antique" look, but I did machine-quilt it.  The fabric backing was really cute -- picnic fabric with ants on it.

27  KNITTING / Knitting: Completed Projects / Catnip Mouse-Pigs on: December 27, 2004 01:47:35 PM
Here are some knitted mouse-pigs I made for xmas this year. The pattern was found on About.com. 

These are the mice prior to sewing or felting.


A closeup on the mouse-pig's snout.


The mousepig after felting.

I knitted the mouse-pigs, sewed them most of the way up with wool, and then stuck a pebble inside of them, and sewed them up completely with cotton crochet thread, and then ran them throught the washer and drier a few times.  After that, I pulled out the cotton thread, and stuffed them with polyester batting and a little catnip sachet.
Pages: 1 2 [3]


only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search



your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Large Smiley Flower
How to Crochet Jolene Sugarbaker Sweater Cuffs
Duct Tape Bracelets
Duct Tape Jack-O-Lantern
Duct Tape Cell Phone Cases
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping




Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...






Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2014, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.