2 great tastes that taste great together! With a tasty side of Xyron!
I found this groovy picture in a prior issue of Bust Magazine.
I accidentally got glue on it while adhering microbeads to something else.
Hmmm. Ideas sprang forth...
1) This is where it might be hard to replicate
I ran the pic right side down in my Xyron so that the adhesive would cover the actual picture.
2) I sprinkled a heavy arsenal of clear microbeads.
3) I laid it wrong side up and ran a rolling pin over the image to really adhere the beads to the pic.
4) I forgot it about for a few weeks
5) Spray mounted pic onto velour craft paper and then onto a piece of mat board:
6) cut another peice for the back in the same size
7) punch holes in paper and line up paper with covers- match holes and punch *fun* :p
8.) Score mat board from inside cover with back edge of a utility knife and bend/flex; cover with artists or book binding tape. At this point I tested that the cover would open with the screw posts! yes! (1/2"'ers)
9) Cover inside binding with card stock or decorative paper- I used my Xyron here for quick and accurate adhesion-
10) Line up holes and insert screw posts. The white on the margin is just the mat board overhang- If I were gonna do it again, I would cover the whole page, and miter it around to the inside, then mount the pic.
Took about 15 minutes (not including the microbeaded pic from before- probably another 10 or so!)