Last summer my family had to throw away an old leather couch. Most of the leather wasn't too badly worn from use, so we salvaged all that we could before hauling it out to the curve. Shortly there after, I went to a renaissance fair and saw leather bound journals, which gave me the idea to make my own using the recycled leather. I didn't get around to it until after Christmas, but such is life.
This was my first attempt at book making. Rather than follow one specific pattern, I decided to improvise, and learned a lot during the process; like the importance of measuring. It would have been much easier to bind the spine together if I made sure the stitching of each booklet matched up.
In progress, binding the booklets together:
Binding the pages to the leather cover: