I'm making some cute kid's clothes from my vintage fabric stash. I had a rainbow brite sheet I dug out and made a few dresses with. And added ruffles to denim looking leggings, it pairs super cute. Hope you guys enjoy!
A friend had an idea and I went with it, decided to invest in making a prototype. I used a lightweight ACU fabric with a solid foliage green water resistant fabric for the bottom and sides. Its full of pockets and the same design as all the 80s bags I've been making. I used gun metal D-rings because that's what I had on hand, any other bags this style will have black plastic D-rings. I used a plastic tri-glide to make the adjustable strap. I also put strips of velcro on the front of the bag for badges. I've got a few more styles I'm going to test out soon.
Been saving character bed sheets for quite a while now, finally putting some to good use. Today's special is Care Bears and Rainbow Brite with a Murky and Lurky patch on the front. I also got my new custom tags in from tagtopia on etsy, I'm really pleased with how they turned out.
I used cover buttons to make these and I'm so happy with the way they turned out. They are hand drawn and colored. I put them on hair clips, bows, headbands, and pony tail holders. I use rhinestones for the eyes.
I'm so pleased with how it turned out. I used some batik fat quarters from my stash, some extra deep navy/charcoal pleather from the remnant bin and even some gun metal purse feet. It's my first time using the purse feet.
I'm pretty sure the fabric was either a sheet or a curtain, but all I had of it was scraps. The bag is messenger style with an adjustable strap, inside zipper pocket in the flap, 4 pockets inside and four outside.
I started with a chopped up Disney bed sheet featuring lots of Alice in Wonderland pictures. I had to get a little creative to make the random shapes and sizes of the pictures from the sheet. I used a grey twill. To fill in the blank areas I did a little embroidery and used some crayola fabric markers. I added a couple zipper pockets to the front flap, a single pocket and divider inside, and a pocket in back with a magnetic snap.
I had more panels from the bedsheet so I made another wonderland purse. This one turned out even better! I added a new feature - an adjustable strap.