Once upon a sidewalk, I found this chair. It was right after I moved into my new apartment, and I had no idea what I would do for a sewing chair.
It was dreadfully ugly and full of spider eggs. Ick.
So I tore it apart. There were like a billion tiny staples in there.
Annnnnd I replaced the batting and covered it in an old (discolored) sheet. It was still ugly.
Despite the boyfriend's reassurance that my chair looked fine, I took some Ikea fabric to it along with some buttons and re-did the darn thing to my liking.
(Unfortunately my first fabric choice was out of stock, though. Pfft.)
The worst part was adding the buttons. With a short needle and nowhere open on Labor Day to buy a longer one, I had to resort to some pretty crafty tactics that got me stabbed in the leg with a pencil.