I found some really cute Halloween cat cross stitch patterns, but I knew cross stitching would take me ages so I made them out of perler beads instead ^___^ And then I made banners! For Frankenkitty and Zombiekitty I just glued the cats onto either end of a piece of fringe trimming, added hanging loops, and stuck on some glittery letters ^___^
For witch kitty I covered a wooden hoop with orange yarn, glued on the cat, and used baker's twine to make a hanging loop and to attach the pendant. The pendant is from a scrapbooking pad that I found at the craft store; the pendants are all perforated at the top so you can just tear off as many as you need. I used a chalk texta to add the words and hung it up next to some free postcards I got from the library ^____^
I have been making a lot of hair bows lately, and my dressing table was becoming a bit of a mess so I thought I should make some kind of storage for them. My dad gave me a scrap piece of wood which I cut into a cloud shape using my jigsaw. I sanded it, painted it white, and gave it a smiley face. Because everything is cuter with a smiley face ^___^ Then I used my staple gun to add a hanging string and the rainbow ribbons. I used about a meter of each colour ribbon, so my collection has plenty of room to grow! ^___^
There was a bare wall in my house, which obviously couldn't be tolerated ~___^ so I made this banner using scrapbooking paper, tape, and baker's twine. I printed each letter onto A4 paper, cut them out, and then used them as a template for cutting the scrapbooking paper. It was a bit of a pain taping them all in place along the baker's twine, but I really like how it turned out!
I saw a really cool metallic bat headband online, but it was suuuper expensive - so I decided to make my own! I used some plastic bats leftover from last Halloween, silver spray paint, spray varnish (because painting the plastic bats left them a bit sticky), E6000 glue, an old headband, and some ribbon. Everything I used came from my stash, which means this version clocked in at a pleasing $0! ^___^
Sometimes I can go a little overboard with making things ... case in point, these hair bows! I used some of my novelty buttons on these ones ^___^
The bug bow has a little plastic toy frog glued onto the centre while the purple and orange floral one has a wooden silver bee.
These two I left plain, although I am considering adding something atomic to the centre of the space kids one.
The blue bow has a galaxy pendant in the centre which I made from a necklace pendant, an epoxy dome sticker, a print out of a Hubble telescope photo, and some glitter nailpolish. The nailpolish was scented so I call this one the Strawberry Nebula bow ^___^ The owl is also a necklace pendant, I just cut off the hanging loop.
This final bow (... for now!) is made from fabric which I designed and some jewellery charms ^____^
I'd seen a couple of cherry necklaces during my travels of the interwebs, and I knew I needed one for myself so when I found some glass leaf beads at Spotlight I considered it a sign from the crafting gods ~___^ I used 12mm glass pearls for the actual cherries and a couple of jump rings and head pins to put it all together. I do need to stock up on more jump rings though because I ended up having to mix silver and dark silver findings >___< Still, I like how it turned out! ^___^
I really love using instagram, so it was only a matter of time until I crafted the logo! I ended up making this cushion which now sits in pride of place on our couch. To make this cushion, I first crocheted 32 rows of 90 trebles in some creamy white wool that I had in my stash and a 4mm hook. 12 rows in brown finished off the main part of the cushion. The lens is made with 12 rounds of black wool and finished with two of white. The corner square is a granny square, made with five rows, and the coloured lines on the other corner were made by doing 31 chain stitches and then making a treble in 28 of those stitches (the other three are used as the turning chain). The back of the cushion is a square of black fleece which I sewed to the front piece.
I really like this photo because it gives an idea of how much homemade things are in our house! Out of 13 crafted things in this photo, 10 of them are handmade by me; looks like I need to do some more swaps! ~___^
I made these two string art pieces using chopping boards from IKEA, upholstery tacks, and cotton string. They were really easy to make, and super fun! ^___^ My favourite is the pineapple, but my husband likes the AT-AT best ^___^
I made this by crocheting two tubes, one large and one small. I placed the small tube on top of the larger one, and then pinched and sewed them together. I wrapped some yarn around the middle to make it look a bit neater and then sewed on the little Night Vale moon/eye/thing that I made from felt. I sewed a hair clip on the back so I can wear it as a hair bow, or, if I clip it in between the buttons on my shirt, as a bow tie ^___^
I had this ugly old metal clock sitting in my craft room for ages, trying to decide the perfect project to use it for. Well, I'm not sure if this is perfect, but it does mean one less thing taking up space in that room! ~____^ I took apart the actual clock part, and gave it about three coats of white spray paint to cover up the delightful brown and beige design it originally had. Then, I got out my acrylics and went to work! Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, with one exception. I gave BMO's screen a couple of coats of glow-in-the-dark paint but I have never seen it glow ; ____ ; Looks like I need to get hold of some stronger stuff! I hung the clock above my desk, so BMO spends all day telling me to play video games! Yay! ^___^