It kinda looks like a mushroom, right?
I've been meaning to make some worry dolls for a long time so I'm glad this challenge was here to kick me in the butt. i started out making a tutorial, but it was taking forever to finish them with all the stops to take pics. So here are a few of the pics and no tutorial.
I peeled apart twist ties and wrapped the wire in tissue paper to make the bodies. In this pic you can see how I put together the dolls with skirts.
All the dolls finished:
At first I made the faces sort of detailed with different color eyes and smiles and whatnot, but they were creeping me out. Also, the worry dolls I had as a kid were just eyes and a mouth kind of slopped on so I wiped off those creepy faces and did vague faces. Much better!
I made the house/box out of a Teddy Grahams box and painted it with acrylic paint that is seriously about 10yrs old. I love projects that use materials I already have. No money spent and no long bus rides to a craft store.
Here it is with a ruler so you get a sense of it's size.
Thanks for looking!