The girls needed new swimsuits again this year. I adapted the top from Simplicity 7619--I added a midrif to make it a tank. And the bottoms are adapted from the leggings in Butterick 6297--I made them smaller and shorty-short. I already had the fabrics, and just had to buy swimsuit lining and elastic. They both complained about the gathering at the front of the bust, but I think they look really cute. The first trial at the pool last night went well.
This is the second year I've made their suits. Last year I tried to use their old suits for a pattern. They were usable, but not as good as I'd hoped. These were the smallest size included in the patterns, so I can use them for several more years. After a few times making their suits, I'll be confident enough to attempt one for me. (I'm not as rough on mine, so the one I have is still good, anyway.) The only problem is that I only sew swimsuits once a year, so it's almost like learning all over again each time.