A friend asked me to knit something Ramones-related. I charted out the Ramones logo and realized that whatever I made would have to be huge! So I decided to knit up a bag.
The Ramones logo chart took forever, and knitting it was tedious, but it turned out well:
For the back, I thought I would make it perfectly clear that it's a Ramones bag:
I sewed the pieces together and crocheted handles directly to the bag. The bag as it is is ENORMOUS! The plan is to felt it. I will update with results.
Thanks for looking!
Lori G. aka tangemeenie
Well, the felting didn't work out exactly as I had hoped. The straps didn't work at all, so I just cut them off. The intarsia looks OK, but the bag itself somehow managed to get mangled out of shape, and no amount of pulling and stretching and molesting in hot water would get it into a rectangle. OK. No big whoop.
I sewed some handles for it out of a great fabric, and I had planned to do a lining as well when my sewing machine decided to crap out. So no lining. I did add a magnetic clasp.
Here is the bag!
It's not exactly as I had pictured it, but it will do. I hope my friend likes it!