I had this pair of chunky black Mudd shoes and while they weren't awful or anything, I thought they could be better. Sooo I cut up an issue of Wonder Woman (#29, April 2009) and did a decoupage collage thing, put on a few layers of glossy ModPodge, and now I'm very pleased with them. I went back and forth as to covering the heels, but ultimately I'm glad I did. It was all a bit more work than I expected but I certainly think it was worth the effort. I am sorely tempted to go thrift-store hunting for more shoes and make a whole collection, using different comics series' I love.
They are sans shoelaces right now. I've tried a few different combinations of red, blue, and yellow thread and/or yarn, but nothing has really looked right. I'm thinking of picking up some ribbon instead.
Right shoe, outside:
Right shoe, inside:
Left shoe, outside:
Left shoe, inside: