Handle stuff (idk what its called its like heavy duty ribbon.. sometimes used on backpacks)
and plastic rings
1. first you make a pattern... mine was around 14 inches as the opening and just kind of made it according to that. then with this pattern cut out 2 of the outside fabric, 2 of the inside fabric, and 2 of the interfacing
2. then you need to make the piece of fabric that connects the 2 sides. for mine i made it go from 2 inches on the ends to around 4 in the middle.. the wider you make it, the fatter the bag will be. of this you need to cut out 1 of the outside fabric, 1 of the inside fabric, and 1 of the interfacing.
3. apply all interfacing to the wrong side of the outside fabric.
4. then with wide stitching on a sewing machine attach the wrong side of the inside fabric to the interfacing. on both sides and the long piece that connects them.
5. cut all sides so everything is the same size. make sure no interfacing or other fabric shows.
6. attach sides to the conecting long piece inside out so that when it is turned right side out it looks nice.
7. turn down freyed edges so it looks nice
8. attach zipper
9. attach little pieces of ribbon stuff to a plastic ring and to the bag and then attach the handle as long as you want to the plastic ring so that it stays.
10. theres your bag!