This bowl was uh... problematic. The glass originally started out as a plate made of beautiful shades of ambers and oranges; when fired, they struck scarlet and red. I dubbed this plate "the red menace" and put it on my shelf of despair. After a while, I made my own frit piston thingy, crushed the glass up, and cast it in a Colour de Verre flower mold. Everything was fine until I slumped it in the cone shaped bowl mold and it picked up some kiln wash. I tried everything to get the kiln wash off, to no avail. I then discovered the magic of LimeAway for removing kiln wash, then I etched the entire surface with etching creme cuz it wasn't shiny enough, and finally put it back in the mold. (Okay, there's more to this story: for some reason this mold decided to stop accepting kiln wash, so I broke down and bought MR-97. Miracle!) All in all, after many trials and tribulations, I think it turned out pretty well!