I made these for the Crafty Detective Swap.
The lace was originally cream. When I dyed my test piece I let it sit for a little over an hour. However, when I rinsed it most of the dye came out. I chalk that up to the lace being old and a poly blend. So, when I dyed it again I let it sit for two days. The color came out much better than anticipated.
I used this tutorial http://alyashcreations.blogspot.com/2010/05/see-it-again-saturday-little-lace.html to put them together.
This was before I put the centers in which were rhinestone buttons I found by chance at Joann's.
And after I put the center in.