This lovely piece of "bric-a-brac" cost me $6 at the local Salvation Army. It was about 1 foot square, and those panels, besides being already ugly, were quite dirty and falling apart.
So, I took it home, tore the panels off, sanded the whole thing (bleh!) and painted it. Then I took my other SA purchase, a $1.50 copy of The Music Man on record, and chopped up the front cover into nine squares, using the old panels as a guide. After gluing them onto the fronts of the drawers (along with replacing the old ribbon drawer-pulls), I poured a layer of Envirotex Lite over all of them to give them sort of a tile look.
The finished product:
And some shots from the side:
The colors came out a little off in these photos. The blue is much more teal, and the red has a bit of an orange tint-- both were picked to match the colors used in the title on the album cover. My starbursts on the top and sides didn't end up matching the look of the ones on the cover as much as I would have liked, but overall I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.