My company held a costume party for Halloween, something which hadn't happened in quite a while. I decided to dress in Gothic Lolita for the event (and a first time too!), and set to making my outfit a month before the event. (Sadly, I got sick for the first two weeks, so not a lot of productivity there.) I decided to base my outfit on one of Atelier Boz's creations(http://www.boz.ne.jp/main.php?act=detail&sysnum_lrg=1&sysnum_mid=3&sysnum_item_cd=1353&20101101213344), and coordinated that with a peasant top, black tights, and a pair of granny shoes.
By the time the entire ensemble was finished, I could list down things I wished I'd improved or done differently, but I think the most important thing is that it was finished, and all the pieces too. *sigh*
Everything, with the exception of my undies, tights, and shoes, were made by myself. (So that's the petticoat, the underskirt, the overskirt, the corset, and the peasant top. Oh, and the choker is a piece I cobbled together as well.)
Detail of the underskirt:
You might think that this is upholstery material.
You are absolutely right.
Action shots taken by a colleague and good friend of mine at the Halloween party:
For more fun and foibles, here's a post on how people reacted to the costume at the party. (http://the-hobby-horse.blogspot.com/2010/10/denoument.html)
Here's another on the production process, the challenges I posed to myself making this costume, as well as a number of notes on what to do next time. (http://the-hobby-horse.blogspot.com/2010/11/production-in-process.html)
Thank you all for looking! I hope you enjoyed this humble post. ^_^*