I made these two sweaters for my boyfriend.
I had some baby sportsweight and my BF wanted a v-neck, so come up with a design and knitted away. Now he wants a few more in other colors. I really had issues with the point of the neck trim. Getting a V was hard, and I'm still not happy with the way it came out.
The zip front is knitted in a med weight cotton. It was knitted sideways with 3 different colors, on circular needles, so I could work from either end, depending on how the colors were falling. I started at the middle of the back with provisional cast-on, worked the right side, then completed the left side. I had some issue with the v point for the zipper, not 100% even. But I still like it. Forgive the photo, the stripes really didn't photograph well...they tended to strobe in the photos.
Oh and my BF is freaky about having his pic on-line, thus the 'witness protection' edits!