A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,402
Currently Running With Scissors:
235 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop
  Show Topics
Pages: [1] 2
1  Archive of Past Craftster Challenge Entries / CHALLENGE 41 ENTRIES / Super Mario Bros Level Ending - This is why I will never be a baker on: August 03, 2009 11:08:05 AM
So I decided to make a cake based off of Super Mario Bros.  I decided to do the ending of 1-1 so that I could make the steps and castle.

In the level the ground is brown also, but I ran out of brown coloring.  The steps and castle are made of rice crispies treats covered with gum pastes and painted with food coloring.  The ground is gum paste.  I didn't have enough to cover the whole cake but it was enough for the pics.  The cake is chocolate.  The pole is a skewer covered with gum paste.

This is the steps with mario climbing them.  Printed Mario because there was no way I could make one.

This is the (printed) flag at the bottom of the pole

Here is the castle with another (printed) flag.  I know this flag doesn't come out until Mario reaches the pole, but the castle looked sad.

This was my first attempt at the cake.  I made marshmallow fondant and made a huge mess.  The cake broke as I took it out.  It turned out all lumpy, and I put the fondant on in several pieces instead of rolling out one big one.  I wanted to get the sugar off of it so I wet a paper towel and wiped it down and then realized that was a bad idea.  I ended up with a brown melty mess.

I think over all the entire project took me about almost 10 hours.  I have discovered that I will never be a baker or a cake decorator.
2  FIBER ARTS / Dyeing: Completed Projects / Shibori Reversible Tote Bag on: July 03, 2009 05:47:31 PM
I made this tote bag from unbleached muslin.  I dyed one piece with fuschia procion dye and the other with turquoise. Then I used my shibori clamping boards and dyed the fuschia piece with turquoise and the turquoise piece with fuschia.  I am not all together happy because I thought that the color combos would be the same for both, but the fuschia was too light and turquoise too dark.  overdyeing can be unpredictable.

3  Archive of Past Craftster Challenge Entries / CHALLENGE 40 ENTRIES / Discharged Butterfly Zippered Pouch on: July 03, 2009 09:28:32 AM
I took this picture in a butterfly garden about 5 years ago.  I think it was in the Bronx Zoo, but I'm not sure.

So I traced the picture onto a stencil blank and then cut it with an exacto knife.

Then I hand dyed fabric in pink, and green (for the lining), discharged the design from the stencil with dishwashing detergent, and made the bag.  I made the design on both sides.

4  KNITTING / Knitting: Completed Projects / Paper Doll sweater on: May 27, 2009 11:47:11 AM
Here us my completed Paper Doll sweater.  Took about a month and a half but I finally finished it.

Paper Doll Sweater by ckreidwhat, on Flickr
5  FIBER ARTS / Dyeing: Completed Projects / Shibori Pillowcase on: April 29, 2009 05:13:18 PM
Here is a pillowcase I made for my shibori project in my advanced fabric dyeing class.  It was dyed with a red color, but the soda ash was bad so it turned a pink color.  So I stitched it again in the same places and dyed it with navy blue.  More of the red color washed out when I did this and so now it really is pink.  I stitched it horizontally and vertically.

6  FIBER ARTS / Dyeing: Completed Projects / Indigo Dyeing on: April 28, 2009 06:51:33 PM
We did indigo dyeing in our advance fabric and dyeing class.  From set up to clean up is took about 8 hours.  The bag is dyed and then discharged.  The pillowcase is shibori and was folded and pole wrapped.

7  FIBER ARTS / Dyeing: Completed Projects / Batik Pillow Case on: April 28, 2009 06:44:57 PM
I made this for my advanced fabric dyeing class.  It is a cultural batik project and supposed to look like batik from Indonesia.  I painted on the wax and then painted in liquid procion dyes.  I spent about 15 hours making this.

8  FIBER ARTS / Dyeing: Completed Projects / Shibori Wall Hangings on: April 28, 2009 06:42:45 PM
Here are some shibori wall hangings I made using just spiderweb circles.  We had some funky soda ash and so the colors didn't come out right so that's why I did it so many times.

9  FIBER ARTS / Dyeing: Completed Projects / Hand Dyed Zippered Pouches Pic Heavy on: April 28, 2009 06:37:19 PM
Here are a bunch of zippered pouches I made from the zippered pouch tutorial here at craftster (though I changed it a little).  All the fabric is hand dyed and discharged.

10  FIBER ARTS / Dyeing: Completed Projects / Silk Painting panels on: April 28, 2009 06:32:37 PM
Here are pictures of small panels that are about 6 inches by 12 inches.  I mixed the colors from primary dyes.

Pages: [1] 2

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2016, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.