Hi! My name is Kate and I currently live in rural Louisiana with my military husband. In nine months we will live anywhere else. I am thrilled.
I have a lot of interests, but most of them pertain to classic literature and film. I'm almost finished with my BA in Media Studies and plan to begin Master's level work this fall. I'm a freelance writer who occasionally manages to get published on AOL and other smaller sites. My favorite TV Shows are Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock and Community. I love colors in bright combinations, knits and geometrical patterns. (I'd kill someone for a Huxtable sweater.) My style is definitely a bit on the nerdly side.
I also love vintage and antique items related to medicinal quackery. Phrenology and lobotomy are two of my more perverse fascinations. I'd love a tiny Radio Disease Killer. http://www.americanartifacts.com/smma/abrams/rdk.htm
I am a 5'6 size Large. I don't know my measurements, but I have huge boobs and hips and a pooch of medium proportions.
This is my Wist. It is not comprehensive, but it gives a good rundown of my tastes. http://www.wists.com/PureOathCrafts I Want
* a needle book
* mugs for tea
* t-shirts featuring famous writers
* a fascinator or headband featuring cool feathers
* girly knit caps
* typewriter themed things
* Hunter S. Thompson themed things
* book safe
* library themed things
* 1980's themed things
* Wayfarer Sunglass themed things
* Anything based on The Iron Giant
* knit socksSupplies I Want:
* paper ephemera
* embroidery things
* polymer clays
* tiny dollhouse scale things
* pretty papers
* vintage postcards
* pressed leaves and flowers
* bug wings
* loteria cards
* advertisement with rigid gender roles
* propaganda for or against communism or various labor movements
* shrinky dink sheetsAlso, if there's something you are just really dying to make you think will be fabulous, I want one of those. Because it would be cool to get something you are great at making!