We just moved into a new place and have more bathrooms than we used to. So for our kid's bathroom, I decided I wanted to make their shower curtain, rather than buy it. I thought it would be cute to use bandannas (plus then all the edges would already be hemmed) and so went to the store.
While there I found these farm animal bandannas and thought they would be perfect. So I grabbed some as well as some blue and took them home.
After washing and ironing, I measured the bandannas to double check their size and realized the farm animals were an inch larger than the blue ones. I also realized that to get the right width, some of the bandannas would have to be cut in half (or it would be a lot wider than needed and would gather more than I wanted).
Since I would no longer have my already done hems, I decided to just use my overlocker to sew all of the seams. When putting together they layout, I decided it would look weird to have a smaller piece on just one half, and so cut the bandannas into fourths and put a smaller piece on each side.
For some reason, when I was putting it all together, my brain stopped working and I forgot to alternate the colors on the top row (I didn't realize this until I started sewing it together and it was too late). Oh, well I think it still looks good.