I watched a video on You Tube a long time ago where someone spun little rose flowers into their yarn. I looked fun so I decided to try it. Two years after buying all the supplies, I finally got it done.
Here is the fiber after I prepped it. I took various shades of purple merino and some white faux cashmere and blended them on the blending board. The first half I dizzed off, and the second have a tried making hand pulled roving.
Next I took the first set and stripped it down to small pieces and threaded flowers onto it. Then I spun a single from both sets. Unfortunately, with the first set I couldn't have all the small pieces completely separate and so they stuck back together. I had originally planned on having the flowers spaced evenly, but because of this they got closer together the further into the single I got.
And finally I plied them together.