My cousin is having a baby girl any day now and she mentioned that she would love to give cloth nappies a try, so I decided to make her some. I made 12 in total and used the Rita Rump Pocket pattern found here:
But they are actually stuffed, I used 3 layers of towelling and sewed it into the lining. I also used a very thin shower curtain to line them to make them more leak proof. So they wont be able to put them into the dryer but the curtain was very thin so it doesn't make those squelchy sounds when they move. The outside is made from op shopped baby blankets, all flanellette. The lining is patterned jersey. If I were to make it again I probably wouldn't use jersey for the centre it made it hard to line up the pieces and it doesn't sit flat like the outside but I m pretty happy with the finished product.
I didn't put any snaps or velcro on so they can be used for a larger range of sizes. Anyway onto the photos ...
here is one all folded up
this is the outside of one laid flat
this is a semi-folded one that shows the inside
this is all 12 of them folded up together
it all ended up taking much longer then i expected so I am quite glad they are finished!