Ok, so I admit that I blatantly swiped ctm's idea from here. (Thank you so much for the idea!) When I saw ctm's post, I immediately began plotting.
First, I had to gather my supplies. I got several sheets of different colors of parchment and a couple of sheets of adhesive from Michael's. I found the (vegetarian-safe!) gel caps at Whole Foods, though it is my understanding that Vitamin Shoppe carries them as well. These are, for the record, size 0 capsules. I found the largest prescription bottle that I had, and peeled the labels off of it, with liberal use of Goo Gone to get rid of the stickiness.
(Click on any picture to be taken to a larger version at my site.)
The collected supplies:
I first futzed around with some regular 8.5"x11" paper to see what size I would have to trim the strips into to have them fit in the capsules. I determined that .75" was the best size. Then, I printed a bunch of sayings, coupons, and ideas on the strips, with different "categories" on different colors of paper. Finally, I trimmed the strips down to their appropriate size.
The final stack of strips to roll up and put into the capsules.
Using a label from one of my prescriptions as a guide, I made up a fake prescription for the bottle, as well as some warning labels. (Images edited to protect personal information.)
I did a rough trim-down of the labels, and of the labeling adhesive.
A shot of the filled capsules. You know, you get very funny looks in an office environment when someone walks in and sees you on a conference call, industriously rolling up little strips of paper and putting them in capsules.
A very blurry picture of the finished product. All in all, the project cost about $10 to make, most of that being in the adhesive labels, and it was a big hit.
Anyway, that was my project. Thanks again for the idea, ctm!
Hope you all enjoy.