Claiming rscowtown for an etsy wish
1st claim, none sent but it is ordered, none received
About Me: My name is Laura and I live in Maryland with my husband, 3 kids, a dog, a cat, a rabbit, and a box turtle.
For most things, I would prefer items inspired by my pinterest instead of exact duplicates.
I am a huge fan of Loki, Firefly/Serenity, steampunk, and the color blue in all shades, especially when paired with white
We have no allergies here (other than awful ragweed allergies... but can't see that as much of an issue in swap packages)
NEW BIG WISH!!! My Franki is going to make me a Grandmama in April - if there is anything you particularly like making for a baby, she needs everything! The parents-to-be have picked red and black for the nursery colors?!?! I was hoping for tiffany blue - you know, works for either a boy or a girl... Anyway, we don't know gender yet and we would love anything you enjoy making. And please, variety being the spice of life, feel free to completely ignore the red and black color scheme.
Please feel to claim me for anything on my Please make this for me boards on pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me/ http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-knitcrochet/ http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-embroidered-bits/ https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/please-make-this-for-me-sewn-bags-containters-pouc/
Anything inspired by something on my blue and white board is fair game too: http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/blue-white/
or really any board... I love pinterest surprises.
I started a baby board https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/baby-crafting/
but don't limit yourself to things I have pinned. If there is something useful that you like to make, we would be happy to receive. Ideas are bibs, burp clothes, receiving blankets, stuffies, Those little blankets that hook onto a car seat carrier, portable changing pad with a pocket for wipes, doohickey for hanging a bottle on a stroller, play & go mat/bag that can store toys.
A mugrug, placemat, simple purse, tote bag, wall art, zippered pouch, stenciled t-shirt, decoupaged box, tea caddy, inspired by any of the following: I do love blue, insanely love blue, but don't limit yourself
- blue and white Christmas (possibly silver accents?)
- Firefly - Jayne is my favorite, as well as anything with just Serenity
- University of Maryland (Fear the Turtle!)
- Stitch, Toothless or Baymax (really love mash-ups)
- Harry Potterish, favorite things are Dobby, SPEW, Neville, the word "Always"
- Hobbits, the One Ring or relating to the Tree of Gondor
- Princess Bride
- Three Amigos
- Unseen University
- Diet Mountain Dew
- tea - I have a whole board of tea inspiration (https://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy/tea/
- Uncle Iroh (love the man! Love his philosophy, love his love of tea, love him)
Favorite words/quotes - Ideal for stamping/stenciling on Jewelry, keychains, t-shirts, wall art or for embroidering/appliqueing/papercrafting onto sketchbooks/journals, bookmarks,
- Lies do not become us
- Be the change (love so much it is now tattooed on my body)
- Trust your story
- Put one word after another until it is done
- Inhale, Exhale, Repeat
- Dwell in Possibility
- Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart
- Write drunk, edit sober
- You can turn a phrase in to a weapon or a drug
- Life is pain
- As you wish
- Leaf on the Wind
Kitchen stuff - My kitchen is grey, white and indigo. I am not opposed to other colors, but I really love blue. cuteness like dinosaurs, cupcakes, lobsters, would be good or good with more traditional.
- Hot Pad - any kind would do, but I would really like one made in a coiled bowl style, but flat
- Oven mitts
- Reusable swiffer covers
- fabric, crochet or knit bowls, baskets, bins
- Simple indigo placemats or napkins with subtle accents, like maybe a tiny smidge of embroidery, or a shell painted, stamped, appliqued in a corner, or maybe even a little bleach stenciling on it
- Microwave bowl holders
~something for mismatched socks saying "Save Dobby", can be a basket, fabric bucket, wall hanging with clothespins, whatever
~Mismatched Coasters from literature/gaming/shows: Rick's Cafe, Prancing Pony, Green Dragon Inn, Founding Fathers,The Bronze, Dragonfly Inn, The Brick, McRory's, Leaky Cauldron, Three Broomsticks, The Pig and Whistle, Lion's Pride Inn, Hogs Head Inn,
~Tiny artwork - Embroidery, drawings, paintings - inchie, twinchie, rinchie sort of sizes. I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but would prefer quality over quantity. One is more than enough if made with love and care
~Any sort of anything made from recycled Diet Mountain Dew cans, jewelry, bookmarks, wreath, box, anything
~Turtle cozies! My Tasha needs a cozy.
~A somewhat distinctive journal with the title "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long"
~zippered M&M's pouch
~chair cozies - maybe in something neutral like beige? to go at the bottom of legs of wood chairs that are scratching my floor terribly no matter what we seem to put on the bottoms
~and just in case MissingWillow returns to this swap, or someone else takes up pottery, Pottery buttons with a blue black glaze or a japanese style tea cup or bowl made just for me
Supplies: (supply packages are very welcome and i'm very happy to get leftovers, scraps, bits and used)
- Indigo dye kit!!! https://www.amazon.com/Jacquard-Indigo-Tie-Dye-Mini/dp/B003IIN7HO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467336235&sr=8-1&keywords=shibori+kit
- Sashiko stencils - I don't have any, so any would be great
- Any stencils or precuts for EPP - any shapes and sizes. triangles, hexies, diamonds, dresden plate
- quilting stencils - I don't have any, so any would be great
- Any embroidery patterns from http://www.laurajperindesigns.net/american-quilt-collection.html
- sketch pads, any and all sizes welcome
- watercolor paper pads
- tools to make paper punches - I have multiple hexagon sizes, butterflies and cupcakes - would like some others
- scalpels - supposedly these are better for stencil cutting?
Fabrics - Would love to get fabric jelly rolls - Any colors, not just blue, but then again, blue is awesome!
- batik fabric - blues/greens/purples or any blends of those colors together
- Any fabric in blues or blue and white, especially indigo shades.
- fabric scraps - Would especially love a variety of 2"x12" or larger cuts in any pattern/color for a scrappy quilt.
- solid Kona quilting fabrics in any colors, tho of course especially fond of blues
- Large piece of high quality plain white cotton for shiborri dying
Thanks for looking!