Craftster's 10th Anniversary Cross-Category Challenge
Craftster is turning 10!! That's right, August marks 10 years of running with scissors all over the internet! In honor of this momentous time, we're hosting a cross-category challenge! Every category will have the same challenge with the same entry times. The 10 category winners with the most votes will be put head-to-head-to-head-to... you get it.... for a GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE!!!
The theme for this challenge is "What Craftster means to me." Now, don't be scared of this theme! Craftster is made by YOU, Craftster can mean different things to different people so whatever it means to you, that's great!! Still unsure it's as easy as I say? Here's some examples that are just the tip of the iceberg!
- "To me, Craftster means trying new things! Here's a project featuring a technique I've never tried before!"
- "To me, Craftster means tutorials! Here's a project I made from a tutorial I found on the boards."
- "To me, Craftster means swapping! Here's a project I'm sending in a swap."
- "To me, Craftster means a community where I can show off my geekiness! Here's a project that relates to this thing I'm interested in!"
See? Not so bad, eh? Seriously, as long as you can describe why you feel your project reflects something Craftster represents to you, then you're good!
Rules and Suggestions:
- You may enter in as many categories as you like, but you may only enter a project once. So if you wanted to enter in three categories, you would need to have made three projects!
- Your project must have been made between June 24th and the time of posting. Your entry should not have been posted on Craftster previously (ie not something you made and posted years ago!)
- If using a pattern or tutorial, please let us know.
- You can begin crafting at any time but remember to post your thread in this board from August 7th through August 13th at 11:59:59 PDT. Voting for each category will be open August 14th to August 21st.
- Although there will be 20 category winners, only the 10 winners with the most votes will go on to a grand prize round! Voting for this will be August 23rd to August 30th, with the grand prize winner being formally announced September 3rd!
The winner in each category will receive a Craftster pin, and a Craftster USB card.
The winner in the Knitting Category will also receive everything needed to make a lovely cowl, courtesy of Red Heart! That includes the Bamboo Stitch Cowl pattern, a size 9 / 29 inch Susan Bates Velocity Nickel Plated Brass Circular Knitting Needle, and 2 skeins of Red Heart Boutique Magical yarn!