I made this with much lighter wool than the one on knitty (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring03/PATTgrecian.html
) - if I had made it with warm, thick mohair, I would have made the sleeves full length, 'cos I have this aversion to warm-but-3/4-sleeve jumpers. Anyway. I made it with patons caressa (http://patons.biz/colour_range.asp?yarnid=12
) and so far it hasn't stretched too much, despite the use of needles a couple of sizes larger than as recommended on the ball band. Also, the entire jumper took me just over 4 balls, and I bought them on special for AUD2.50/ball, so it's my $10 jumper. Whoohoo!
lying flat on my bed:
bad, bad mirror shot:
(dark, blurry) detail of the stitch:
At some point, I'm going to pick up the stitches on the front neckline, and bring it up a bit, 'cos at the moment it's a bit too plunge-y for my tastes. (That'll teach me to do the neck without measuring properly...
btw: As I was making it, I found a couple of errors in the "X stitches remain" bits of the pattern - if you're planning on making this, don't take those numbers too seriously. The actual increases/decreases are correct, though. (in size small, anyway.)