...I made the flowers like this:
1. ch 4; join with sl st to form a ring
2. ch 1; sc 10 times in ring; sl st to beginning ch
3. (ch 2; sk 1 sc; sl st in next sc) around, which should give you five little ch-2 loops
4. sl st into the first ch-2 loop; ch 2 and then 4 dc in the loop; ch 2 and sl st in the same loop to finish the petal; sl st into next ch-2 loop and repeat procedure.
5. Can you find the skipped sc back in step three? It should be at the bottom center of each of the five petals you've just made. You want to sl st into the back loop of that skipped sc (or frankly, poke into anything in roughly the right spot and the flower won't be too warped) then ch 3, and sl st in the next skipped sc. You should end up with five loops again, just as in step 3, except they will be ch-3 loops.
6. sl st into the first ch-3 loop; ch 2 and then 7 dc in the loop; ch 2 and sl st in the same loop to finish the petal; sl st into next ch-3 loop and repeat procedure. Finish off and weave in ends.
I'm just learning how to crochet and I want to try making your little flowers (they're much cuter than the lame flowers in all the how-to books I have) but I don't know how to read the crochet-lingo patterns yet. On a scale of just-beginner to advanced, how hard are these to make?