I despised my old bathroom. So after I terrorized my kitchen with scrapbook paper, I turned my attention to my bathroom.
The total cost for all materials including ripping out the bad sheetrock and replacing it with new, was about 200$
here is the sneak peek after--
here is the before-
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwww
Joanne's fabric had an awesome sale and I thought oooh DOTS!!!!
It wound up taking 90 pages of scrapbook paper. I bought thirty at first and ran out. This was after my bouncy baby girl scattered 500 dots across my livingroom. I am still finding dots in odd places. I used a 1 inch whale punch and stacked three pieces of paper to punch the dots out. I got 49 1 inch dots per page, then I went back with a 1/2 inch punch and punched out 30 some odd 1/2 inch dots.
I Modpoged the dots to the 1/4" plywood, which was glued to the new sheetrock with indoor Liquid Nails and adhesive caulk. I would paint the spot with Mp (modpoge) and then place the dot and Mp over the dot.
In a shower environment modpodge is not enough protection, so I went over it with spar varnish. The modpoge sealed and protects the paper, the oil based spar varnish will make unprotected paper look like a giant oil stain if the paper is not sealed first.. I messed up with that because I did not make sure I got the clear. So the amber color toned down the colors somewhat which only irrates me. If I redo the shower I think my husband will divorce me:)
Rip out three walls.
Find an unholy mess and realize that the people who built the house were insane.
Keep chanting that it is ok.
Add a buddy,
Re-texture walls with watered down Gorilla Glue and the cheapest possible paper towels I could find. They were the type that chain bathrooms use. The gorilla glue is water proof when it dries so I knew once it dried I would not have to worry about the humidity of the bathroom affecting the texture. I would use a inch paint brush and dip it in the glue mix and paint a drippy line on the wall, then put a sheet of the paper towel up there and paint the wall behind the paper with the glue mix, then paint the paper itself. It was very delicate not to tear the paper and end up with a giant spitball.
I ripped out the vanity and the sink and designed my own, which still needs to finshed and the drawers added in . hopefully this weekend.
Let me know what you think!!! I can only work on it about an hour a day do it has taken me over a month, this weekend is the final push to finish everything after that I will have the final pictures.