This is, by far, my most involved spinning and dyeing venture so far. I photographed the entire process, so if anyone was wondering what it was like, here ya go.
I started by winding the undyed spun yarn around the back of my couch. That was the only think I could think of to use to make a large enough skein. I tied it off in four sections to mark where I would use different colors of dye. I was going for four really long sections.
After soaking the undyed yarn and rinsing it well, I dyed the orange section.
This photo shows it after it had sucked up most of the dye out of the water.
At this point, I switched to my digital camera, instead of my phone because I wasn't getting very good photos.
Next, I dyed the red part. (Strawberry)
Then the blue part. (Berry Blue) I really liked the spot where the orange and blue blended. It made an army green color!
Last, I dyed the "black cherry" part.
In the colander after rinsing:
Stretching and drying:
Me being really excited about this yarn:
Yay!!!! A few more photos of the finished product:
What I really like about self-striping yarns like these is that you never know how it will turn out when its knitted up. I'm excited to see what happens with this yarn.