I finished my first sweater recon! The original was a Tommy Hilfiger sweater of my sister's; it was about a size 7 juniors. Here's was it looked like:
I only had one issue and I plan to correct that for future sweaters. What I screwed up was the neck. The problem was that when I originally cut the neck, it seemed to small of an opening to go over my son's head, so I made it bigger. However, I failed to take into account that when I re-attached the blue neck trim piece that there would be some stretching as a result of sewing the pieces together. So my hole that I recut for my son's head got HUGE once I sewed on the trim. It annoys the heck out of me but it is still a cute and functioning sweater for this fall and winter season. I guess I know for next time to make the neck hole smaller! Well you can see from the photo that it still turned out cute so I still am going to pat myself on the back for my first sweater recon!