I'm claiming Averia for a tentacle necklace from her Pinterest
First claim this round
I'm Katrina from Connecticut. I'm married to a wonderful guy. We met at 18 and were married 5 years later. We have a fabulous little 3 year old girl and two awesome rescued dogs. I paint, sew, embroider, and sculpt polymer clay. Our family also makes wine and ferments beer. I'm a serious nerd and I love letting my geek flag fly!
I'm very sensitive to smoke smells and I'm allergic to chalk but can tolerate pastel drawings and art if they are sealed. I have no other allergies.
Please ask me for any measurements you need. I'm a big girl and my little one is extra tiny so one size fits all doesn't always fit us.
Any of my wishes can be in any medium. You're the artist just let me know so we can talk size and color!
I have a HUGE Pinterest for any ideas www.pinterest.com/KatPacDesigns
(the swap board or Stuff I Want but thats older but of course I still want it!) please ask if you claim off of Pinterest since I don't always mention size or color. I want everything on my swap board or something similar or inspired by. Many of the wishes below have examples in my Pinterest
1. Full apron with pockets- think June Cleaver full and super girly (a matching one for my princess would be super awesome!) or Doctor Who themed
2. Arm warmers elbow length where you put your thumb through a hole to keep them on
3. Leg warmers
4. N's - I want to do a wall of N's (for Nicoletta).
5. Dr. Who hoopla
6. Gnome hoopla (I especially love the gnome patterns from urbanthreads.com)
7. Firefly hoopla (the TV show not the bug)
8. Dragonfly hoopla or other wall art (the bug this time)(ask me about colors)
9. Really any awesome hoopla, I especially like the ones where it's two hoops that make one picture
10. Ceramic mug painted with any of my geeky obsessions
11. Disney's Tangled or Brave or any other princess art for the little one (not the tower, we have that)
12. Tool catcher for all my poly clay sculpting tools (separate compartments and big please!)
13. Nerdy/geeky zip up hoodie- either for me or my daughter
14. Slippers, any kind as long as there's some sort of grippy bottom so we don't slid around on the hardwood floors- again either for me or my midget
15. I would love a large sturdy pocketbook/bag that was big enough for my iPad and all the other normal stuff on a long strap that could wear cross shoulder with one or two outside pockets. If it could be Doctor Who themed that would be an extra bonus!
16. A ring catcher (when I sculpt I take off my rings and watch and can never seem to find them in my mess!)
17. Any seasonal table runners- I like them to hang off the ends of the table (I will give you measurements of my tables)
18. Brown, amethyst, and terra cotta throw pillows- any shape any size just no florals please
19. Red, black, silver, and grey table cloth
20. A hand carved Gallifrey stamp (time lord planet from doctor who, I'll send you a picture!) or any other doctor who theme
21. amigurumi Doctor Who characters (I have an Angel but would love to have more or any other character)
22. homemade soaps
23. any kind of dragonfly jewelry
24. Doctor Who Teesha Moore Patches
25. really anything from one of my geeky obsessions
Is there something you love making? Do you think I would like it? Ask!
Supplies (I'm totally okay with used, partial packages, etc.)
1. Poly Clay- I prefer Premo and Fimo but will take whatever you would like to send me! I'll take new blocks, partial blocks, canes, failed canes, messed up projects, or even scrap clay. Really any clay as long as it's still raw
2. Liquid sculpey or any other brand liquid poly clay
3. A small lazy susan (like 12" or less) I want to use it to sculpt so it doesn't have to be in great shape, it just has to spin
4. Sculpting tools
5. Old jewelry, can be broken or generally messed up, no plastic or resin please
6. Round baking sheet- can be used, I use them to bake my poly clay mirrors
7. Beads! Any color or size. Glass, metal, or natural stone preferred. No plastic or resin please! (They melt if you try to bake them.)
8. Jewelry findings, especially extra loooong head pins or interestingly shaped head pins and crimp tubes and crimp covers
9. Beading wire
10. Wire- any size just no plastic coating please
11. Glass craft mirrors 10" or smaller, shape doesn't matter
12. Machine embroidery thread
13. Stabilizer (any kind) for machine embroidery
14. Alcohol inks
15. Mica powders, please check for colors I actually have some now!
16. A set of graduated square cutters (like cookie cutters but all square in close sizes)
17. Coptic Markers
18. Sharpies (ultra fine or paint would be especially awesome)
19. Small gears, watch bits, tiny screws
20. Ultra fine glitter, please check for colors I actually have some now!
21. Micro beads, please check for colors I actually have some now!
22. I would love to try playing with a resin kit
23. Metal Shape cutters
24. Any old beading or polymer magazines
25. Christi Friesen beyond sculpture series Birds (it's out of print but I figured I'd mention it just in case)
26. Clear glass containers with glass lid for terrariums
27. Wooden embroidery hoops any size any shape
28. Embroidery floss, especially black and white but I need most colors
I love chocolate and peanut butter.
I love dogs. I'm not much of a cat person.
Gnomes are awesome.
I teach high school English and love books and reading.
My favorite color is purple.
My favorite flower is the calla lily.
I don't really like bright colors or neutrals. My house is mostly rich jewel tones.
I'm desperately trying to stay motivated to go to the gym.
I'm a complete geek. I love Dr. Who, Star Trek, Star Wars, The Wheel of Time books, Firefly, Piers Anthony, Skyrim, Zelda, Super Mario, hitch hikers guide to the galaxy
My husband is a huge Yankees fan.
I love skulls and so does my daughter.