So this is my first time posting one of my quilting projects here, mostly because I give most of my projects away without taking pictures of them! But this quilt ended up taking so much time and becoming somewhat epic in my house that I knew it needed to be shared, along with the story of how it came to be at all.
So for his birthday over the summer, I made my husband these wallhangings.
He liked them, and almost immediately started talking about wanting a Nyan can wallhanging as well. So I got my supplies and made found a good pixel picture, then used a program called KG - Chart LE for Cross Stitch to make up a pattern. Got started thinking I would just make a Nyan cat, but somehow I didn't figure the actual size of this project as I started lol So by the time I had Nyan cat mostly put together, I realized it would be a freaking massive wallhanging! Like almost 70 inches long, which is ridiculous of course. So I decided to make up a pattern for his nemesis Waffle cat and make it into a big quilt instead!
All told, it's made up of 3025 1 1/2 inch squares and by the end I was about ready to stab someone if I had to sew any more little squares together lol. But the husband is very proud of his new blanket, our cat loves it, and I am epically proud of my work.
Hope you enjoy, and comments would be welcomed