as in...a lot of reading ahead? Yeah, not funny? Poo.
barely a month before Valentine's Day, I've come up with an unfortunately epic project. Epic as in long, tedious, meandering. And with my track record of...consistent procrastination, I'm
quite frightened for myself. It's more or less an interactive (for lack of a better term) journal in which I will be chronicling our (painfully long...just kidding
) 5 year+ relationship. I know I should hand bind my own book in true craftster from. But, to be honest, I'm no book binder. I am of the mindset, and this is only because I cannot multi-task, to learn a few crafts, and learn them REAL GOOD LIKE
. So I'm buying(for shame!) a small sketch book. This is where I get to utilize my craft, because I'm more of an illustrator than a paper crafts wizard. I'm going to try to give this little book a Wreck This Journal
feel, but with more laughs. I decided I wanted reoccurring themes or sections. Below I've listed some of the ones I've come up with thus far.
- short comics
- relationship sensitive survival tips
- coupons (going to try to keep these witty, possibly raunchy)
- "Hall of Lame" (things we've encountered that suck)
- random facts/trivia about relationships
- OMG! blank pages for note-worthy occasions
- blank pages for movie tickets, fortune cookies, etc.
- other things of significance that happened on our anniversary
- randomly placed puzzles (sudoku, text twist, etc)
- a "jail cell" time line of how long we've been together..
- "How 'bout that time..."
- page of random trivia about me
- blank page for random trivia about him
- apartment scavenger hunt
- small sections of blank pages for notes/observations
The rest will be mostly illustrations/short comics depicting inside jokes we have, and that list is long, but without back stories, isn't worth laying out. I plan to post pictures as I go, although I'm not 100% sure as to which board this is appropriate. It may very well carry over into a birthday present (June) or even, though I doubt it, a Christmas present. It would like to be a Valentine's Day gift, but my list of "coulda been" gifts far exceeds it's younger, smaller sickly sister list of completed gifts.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. If you have an idea for a theme or section, or if you have any comments on the ones I've laid out so far, I'd love to hear them. Also, if you plan on making something similar, let me know, I'd love to see how yours progresses.
To quote my good friend, Borat, "I'm very excite!"