artwork by Linda MarcilleSwap name: Slow Cloth/Boro Style Patches
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: playswithneedles
Sign-up date range: September 18 - October 1, 2016
Date to send item by: October 31, 2016
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YESDetails of swap:
Do you love fabric? Like to stitch? Enamored with sashiko, boro or the slow cloth movement? If so, then let's swap patches! Unsure of what this is all about? Here are some links to inspiration:
What can I do with these patches, you ask? You could use these to patch your jeans, your jacket, collect more and make a purse, or use them as part of a bigger art project!
We will be signing up for one to two partners (new swappers limited to one partner), and you and your partner will agree on the exact number of patches to swap, between 1 and 3 patches of equitable sizes. For example, if partner 1 would like a 4" x 6" patch and their partner wants 3" x 4" patches, partner 1 should be making two 3" x 4" patches for every 4" x 6" patch received. Communication with your partner is key and please make sure your exchanges are fair!
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
How many partners would you like - one or two?
How many patches would you like per partner?
Preferred size range of patch(es)?
What do you plan on using your patches for?
Do you have a preferred theme?
Any colors/themes you don't want?
Are odd shapes acceptable? For example, round or triangular.
Are raw edges okay?
Do you have a pinterest, wist, or website so your partner can learn more about you and your preferences?
Do you have any relevant allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your home?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.